2020-2021 Multi-Year Budget
To increase the accountability and transparency of our business plan and budget process and to adopt a longer-term view on financial planning, the City of Saskatoon is undertaking its first multi-year business plan and budget for the years 2020 and 2021. The goals within City Council’s Strategic Plan and City Council’s 10 Strategic Priorities of Focus will continue to drive the City's business planning and budget process.
The 2020-2021 Multi-Year Business Plan and Budget deliberation will take place on November 25-27, 2019.
The City's new multi-year business plan and budget process has many benefits, including:
- improved financial stability, transparency and accountability over our investments and spending plan changes;
- more flexible allocation of our resources so we can accomplish more of our goals over time;
- greater certainty for residents about the future direction of property taxes in Saskatoon, and satisfaction of getting a high value for tax dollars;
- better alignment with funding from other orders of government, especially helpful in the planning of major infrastructure projects; and
- more planned public engagement opportunities to gather citizen feedback on the City's performance, satisfaction and future priorities and preferences when it comes to civic services.
Citizen input has always been an important part of our budget process, and in 2018 the City gathered public input through two surveys: the and the Civic Services Survey: Performance, Priorities & Preferences. Citizen feedback gathered through the 2018 surveys will help to inform City Council in the development of the 2020-2021 Budget.