Living in Saskatoon, Treaty 6 Territory and the Homeland of the Métis, Sarina is proud to have called Ward 8 home for nearly three decades. Ward 8 is made up of the following neighbourhoods: Brevoort Park, Briarwood, Brighton, College Park, East College Park, Greystone Heights and Hillcrest Management Area. Raised by her immigrant parents and grandparents in Greystone Heights, Sarina feels a multi-generational connection to the Ward’s diverse and vibrant community.
Sarina is an avid cyclist, supports local businesses and gives back to the community by volunteering at many events for a variety of causes. She is a proud University of Saskatchewan graduate and has a far-reaching understanding of different cultures and approaches to problem-solving, gained through extensive world travel. Prior to being elected, Sarina worked as a GIS Analyst (i.e. making maps) for the Meewasin Valley Authority.
Sarina brings her enthusiasm and innovative fresh ideas as to how Ward 8 and Saskatoon can continue to build upon being an inclusive, safe and sustainable City for people of all generations, backgrounds and abilities.
City of Saskatoon Boards & Committees:
- Governance and Priorities Committee
- Standing Policy Committee on Environment, Utilities & Corporate Services
- Standing Policy Committee on Transportation
- Centennial Auditorium & Convention Centre Board of Directors
- Saskatoon Environmental Advisory Committee
- Traffic Safety Committee
- Marr Residence Board of Directors
Along with City Councillor Mairin Loewen, Sarina is co-leading Council’s strategic priority area of Environmental Sustainability to transform our position as one of the highest emitters of greenhouse gas emissions in the world to a model city of innovation in energy conservation, renewables, and waste diversion. The City of Saskatoon is experiencing a continuing decline in environmental quality related to waste, ecological footprint and air quality. City Council will be working to reverse this trend.
Outside Boards and Committees:
- Canadian Urban Transit Association (CUTA)
- International Council for Local Environmental Initiatives (ICLEI)
- Leadership in Brownfield Renewal Program (LiBRe) Member
- North Central Transportation Planning Committee (being reviewed)
- Saskatoon Regional Economic Development Authority (SREDA)