Low Emissions: Saskatoon's Mitigation Strategy
The Low Emissions Community Plan Recommendations Report is a tool to update stakeholders on the items being considered to reduce emissions. The appendices list out these initiatives in detail. See the report here.
The complete Low Emissions Community Plan will be presented in Spring 2019 and includes:
- Opportunities to reduce GHG emissions within different sectors, including capital projects, programs, policy tools, pilot projects, incentives, and educational programming
- A financial and feasibility analysis of GHG reduction initiatives, including long-term and short-term costs and savings;
- A comparison between climate action and climate inaction approaches, including risks, costs and other implications;
- The potential benefits and challenges that GHG reduction activities may have on the local economy; and
- The other benefits of greenhouse gas reduction activities, such as meeting other environmental, social, and economic priorities.