You are here

Grease fire in kitchen sends one man to hospital

For immediate release: May 19, 2019 - 12:22am
19-05608

At approximately 9:44 P.M. on Saturday May 18, 2019, The Saskatoon Fire Department received a 911 call reporting a possible kitchen fire at 3134 11 th St W.  The fire department responded with 3 engines, 1 ladder company, 1 rescue company and a battalion chief. 

When crews arrived they found there was no remaining fire as the sprinklers had been activated as a result of a grease fire in the kitchen on the fourth floor of the apartment building.  Fire crews treated one man on scene for minor burns before he was transported to hospital for further treatment.

Crews had to shut down the sprinkler systems and ventilate the building to remove the remaining smoke.

An investigator was called and determined the fire to have been accidental.  Damages are estimated at $40,000.00.

                                                                                    -30-