As soon as the roads are dry in early spring, the City begins a spring sweeping blitz to remove heavier dirt and debris that gathers over the winter. Beginning in April, yellow No Parking signs are posted on scheduled priority streets to notify drivers of upcoming curb-to-curb sweeping through neighbourhoods. In mid-October, street sweeping occurs in select neighbourhoods to reduce the potential for spring flooding.
Street Sweeping Coming Soon
The upcoming street sweeping schedule is not currently available.
Spring Sweeping Schedule April 23 - June 16
Please check back for an updated schedule coming soon.
What you can expect from us
- Street sweeping on higher-traffic roads, such as Circle Drive, Idylwyld Drive, 22nd Street, 8th Street and College Drive to collect debris left from winter, going around parked cars.
- City-wide residential sweeping on streets posted with yellow No Parking signs between 7 a.m. and 3 p.m. Street Sweeping Service Alerts if there is a change to the residential sweeping schedule.
- Overnight sweeping in Business Improvement Districts between 8 p.m. and 6 a.m. on the first Tuesday of each month for up to 3 nights starting in May.
- Evening and overnight sweeping on freeways, bridges and overpasses in early spring.
How you can help us
- Search your sweep day and plan alternative parking for your vehicles.
- Watch for yellow No Parking signs beginning in April and remove your vehicle by 7 a.m. on the posted sweeping day to avoid a ticket and/or relocation to a nearby street. Check Find My Vehicle! if your vehicle has moved. Most areas are scheduled is phases, to provide alternate parking within the neighbourhood.
- Watch for slow moving sweeping equipment on the road and stay back for everyone's safety. The operator may not see you approaching, as they are focussed on the work area. Please call our 24-hour customer service centre if you have any questions at 306-975-2476.
- Report locations where residents have illegally pushed excessive leaves onto the street to the Bylaw Inspector at 306-975-3193. City Bylaw Inspectors will investigate and violators may receive a fine. Applicable City Bylaws are: Bylaw No. 7200 The Traffic Bylaw, Bylaw No. 5713 Waste and Dumping, Bylaw No. 8310 The Waste Bylaw.