As soon as the roads are dry in early spring, the City begins a spring sweeping blitz to remove heavier dirt and debris that gathers over the winter. Beginning in April, yellow No Parking signs are posted on scheduled priority streets to notify drivers of upcoming curb-to-curb sweeping through neighbourhoods. In mid-October, street sweeping occurs in select neighbourhoods to reduce the potential for spring flooding.
Street Sweeping Coming Soon
The upcoming street sweeping schedule is not currently available.
Spring Sweeping Schedule - by Neighbourhood
Adelaide/Churchill Avenues - Tuesday, May 29
Adelaide/Churchill Streets - Thursday, May 24
Arbor Creek Inside - Wednesday, May 9
Arbor Creek Outside - Thursday, May 17
Avalon All - Tuesday, May 29
Blairmore Suburban Centre All - Tuesday, Jun 12
Brevoort Park All - Monday, May 28
Briarwood Inside - Wednesday, May 16
Briarwood Outside - Saturday, May 12
Buena Vista Avenues - Wednesday, May 30
Buena Vista Streets - Saturday, May 26
Caswell Hill Avenues - Friday, Jun 1
Caswell Hill Streets - Friday, Jun 8
City Park Even Avenues - Sunday, Jun 10
City Park Odd Avenues - June 20 (from June 7)
City Park Odd Avenues - Wednesday, Jun 20
City Park Streets - Saturday, Jun 16
College Park East All - Monday, Jun 4
College Park Inside - Thursday, May 31
College Park Outside - Wednesday, May 23
Confederation Park Inside - Tuesday, Jun 19
Confederation Park Outside - Tuesday, Jun 5
Confederation Suburban Centre All - Friday, Jun 8
Dundonald All - Monday, Jun 11
Eastview North - Tuesday, May 22
Eastview South - Sunday, Jun 10
Erindale Inside - Friday, May 18
Erindale Outside - Wednesday, May 9
Evergreen Inside - Friday, May 11
Evergreen Outside - Monday, May 14
Exhibition Avenues - Wednesday, May 30
Exhibition Streets - Sunday, Jun 10
Fairhaven Northwest - Saturday, Jun 16
Fairhaven Southeast - Wednesday, Jun 13
Forest Grove North - Tuesday, May 8
Forest Grove South - Thursday, May 17
Greystone Heights All - Wednesday, Jun 6
Grosvenor Park All - Monday, May 28
Hampton Village East - Monday, Jun 18
Hampton Village West - Monday, Jun 11
Haultain Avenues - Saturday, May 26
Haultain Streets - Thursday, May 24
Holiday Park Avenues - Thursday, Jun 7
Holiday Park Streets - Thursday, Jun 14
Holliston Avenues - Friday, May 25
Holliston Streets - Saturday, Jun 2
Hudson Bay Park All - Sunday, Jun 17
Kelsey - Woodlawn Residential - Friday, Jun 15
King George Avenues - Thursday, Jun 7
King George Streets - Thursday, Jun 14
Lakeridge Inside - Wednesday, May 23
Lakeridge Outside - Wednesday, May 16
Lakeview Inside - Wednesday, May 23
Lakeview Outside - Monday, May 28
Lakewood Suburban Centre All - Wednesday, May 16
Lawson Heights Inside - Monday, May 7
Lawson Heights Outside - Tuesday, May 15
Lawson Heights Suburban Centre All - Thursday, May 10
Massey Place All - Tuesday, Jun 5
Mayfair Avenues - Tuesday, May 15
Mayfair Streets - Sunday, May 27
Meadowgreen Avenues - Friday, Jun 15
Meadowgreen Streets - Wednesday, Jun 13
Montgomery Place All - Thursday, May 3
Mount Royal Avenues - Monday, Jun 18
Mount Royal Streets - Thursday, Jun 14
North Park All - Tuesday, May 15
Nutana Avenues - Friday, Jun 1
Nutana Park North - Friday, May 25
Nutana Park South - Sunday, Jun 3
Nutana Streets East - Saturday, Jun 9
Nutana Streets West - Saturday, Jun 16
Pacific Heights All - Tuesday, Jun 12
Parkridge Inside - Tuesday, Jun 5
Parkridge Outside - Friday, Jun 15
Pleasant Hill Avenues - Sunday, Jun 17
Pleasant Hill Streets - Saturday, Jun 9
Queen Elizabeth Avenues - Wednesday, May 30
Queen Elizabeth Streets - Thursday, May 24
Richmond Heights All - Thursday, May 10
River Heights North - Monday, May 7
River Heights South - Thursday, May 10
Riversdale Avenues - Thursday, Jun 7
Riversdale Streets - Thursday, Jun 14
Silverspring North - Friday, May 11
Silverspring South - Tuesday, May 8
Silverwood Heights Inside - Monday, May 7
Silverwood Heights Outside Area 1 - Saturday, May 19
Silverwood Heights Outside Area 2 - Monday, May 14
Stonebridge North - Tuesday, May 22
Stonebridge Southeast - Sunday, Jun 3
Stonebridge Southwest - Sunday, May 27
Sutherland North - Friday, May 18
Sutherland South - Tuesday, May 8
The Willows All - Sunday, May 27
Varsity View Avenues - Wednesday, Jun 6
Varsity View Streets - Saturday, Jun 2
Westmount Avenues - Friday, Jun 1
Westmount Streets - Friday, Jun 8
Westview All - Monday, Jun 11
Wildwood Inside - Thursday, May 31
Wildwood Outside - Monday, Jun 4
Willowgrove North - Sunday, May 13
Willowgrove South - Sunday, May 20
What you can expect from us
- Street sweeping on higher-traffic roads, such as Circle Drive, Idylwyld Drive, 22nd Street, 8th Street and College Drive to collect debris left from winter, going around parked cars.
- City-wide residential sweeping on streets posted with yellow "No Parking" signs between 7 a.m. and 3 p.m. Street Sweeping Service Alerts if there is a change to the residential sweeping schedule.
- Overnight sweeping in Business Improvement Districts between 8 p.m. and 6 a.m. on the first Tuesday of each month for up to 3 nights starting in May.
- Evening and overnight sweeping on freeways, bridges and overpasses in early spring.
How you can help us
- Search your sweep day and plan alternative parking for your vehicles.
- Watch for yellow No Parking signs beginning in April and remove your vehicle by 7 a.m. on the posted sweeping day to avoid a ticket and/or relocation to a nearby street. Check Find My Vehicle! if your vehicle is moved.
- Watch for slow moving sweeping equipment on the road and stay back for everyone's safety.
- Report locations where residents have illegally pushed excessive leaves onto the street to the Bylaw Inspector at 306-975-3193. City Bylaw Inspectors will investigate and violators may receive a fine. Applicable City Bylaws are: Bylaw No. 7200 The Traffic Bylaw, Bylaw No. 5713 Waste and Dumping, Bylaw No. 8310 The Waste Bylaw.
More About Street Sweeping
How will I be notified of my street sweeping date?
Bright yellow ‘No Parking’ signs will be posted in neighbourhoods 36-48 hours in advance of sweeping. Refer to the Street Sweeping schedule on this page for a full schedule.
What could cause a street to be missed by street sweepers?
- Some neighbourhoods are swept over two or three days to leave streets open for alternate parking, i.e. Streets one day and Avenues another day.
- Two neighbourhoods have partial sweeping: Exhibition includes only west of Herman Avenue; Varsity View includes only north of 14th Street.
- Street sweeping may have a delayed start time, be cancelled or end early if there is heavy rain. Street Sweeping Service Alerts will be issued if there is a change to the schedule and signs will be removed to indicate street sweepers will not return on that date.
- If you feel your street was missed by accident, please call the 24-Hour Customer Service Centre at 306-975-2476.
My vehicle was towed for street sweeping. Where is it?
Vehicles remaining on a street posted for street sweeping may be ticketed and relocated to a nearby street. If your vehicle is moved, visit Find My Vehicle! for its location or call our 24-Hour Customer Service Centre at 306-975-2476.
Who can I contact if I see someone vandalizing or taking a No Parking sign? Or if I find a sign?
Our staff wear City of Saskatoon high-visibility vests when they update dates and reposition signs.
Street sweeping is scheduled for the same day as my Black Garbage, Blue Recycling or Green Cart collection. Can I still put my cart on the street for collection?
If you are a Green Cart subscriber, your collection day may occur on your neighbourhood sweeping day. Please place your cart on the street as instructed and City staff will move it out of the way for sweeping and return it for collection. The schedule is designed to work around the black garbage and blue recycling cart collection, which are city-wide programs.
Will the City be cleaning leaves and debris off sidewalks?
The City cleans sidewalks on major roadways, and asks that you remove leaves and debris from your sidewalks and driveways. Please do not push leaves from your sidewalk, boulevard and yard onto the street. City Bylaws prohibit doing so and violators may receive a warning or a fine.
How do I dispute a parking ticket?
Please contact a Customer Service Representative to discuss options at 306-975-2400 or on the main floor of City Hall at 222 Third Avenue South.