Reminder to homeowners and contractors: permits required for park access
Spring is a busy time of year for projects in the yard, garden, and around the home. Homeowners and contractors with property adjacent to a civic park may wish to use the park as an access point for deliveries, equipment, and/or vehicles related to their projects.
The City would like to remind homeowners and contractors that a permit is required before accessing a park to ensure the safety and enjoyment of these spaces for everyone.
Park Access Permit applications can be filled out online at saskatoon.ca/parkaccess or by contacting Parks Customer Service at 306-975-3300.
Once a Park Access Permit has been issued, permit holders are responsible for:
- removing all litter or debris after the project is complete;
- repairing any damage to civic property;
- following restrictions identified in the approval process, including limitations for vehicle access when the turf is wet;
- accepting liability for any potential injuries and/or damage to public property; and,
- contacting the Parks Division after the work is complete for an inspection and to close the permit.
For more information, or to begin the approval process for your project, visit saskatoon.ca/parkaccess.
Also, a general reminder to all park users this time of year – please help keep green spaces clean and beautiful by picking up after your pets and putting all litter in the trash cans.