Flag Raising and Proclamations
The City of Saskatoon receives a number of flag raising and proclamation requests each year. City Council adopted policy 01-028, The Flag and Proclamations Policy on October 28, 2019 in order to establish a framework and consistent standards against which both flag raising and proclamation requests can be considered.
- All flag raising and proclamation requests are to be submitted at least 30 business days prior to the date for which the flag raising or proclamation is requested.
- Requests are reviewed by the City Clerk for eligibility in accordance with Policy No. 01-028, The Flag and Proclamations Policy.
- The City Clerk shall notify applicants of the City of Saskatoon’s decision regarding any request received.
- The City Clerk will not consider any Request Forms that are not completely filled out.
- Requests for a flag raising for which an event is also requested must be made separately and shall be submitted and approved in accordance with Policy No. A09-026, Use of City Hall Lobby and Civic Square.
Flag Raising Requests
At this time flag raising requests cannot be processed in light of the City of Saskatoon closing all of its facilities to the public including City Hall following the provincial government declaration of a public emergency for COVID-19.