There are many great playgrounds around Saskatoon. To find a playground in a park nearest you, read more about park locations and amenities.
Winter Play Programs
The City of Saskatoon offers 3 FREE winter play programs and FREE Learn to Skate on Saturdays and Sundays February 18 - March 19. Drop in for winter games and activities with fun and interactive leaders.
Play Program Locations
- Holliston Rec Unit, 1151 Louise Avenue - Saturdays and Sundays 10:30 am - 4:00 pm
- Greystone Heights Rec Unit, 2711 Main Street - Saturdays and Sundays 10:30 am - 4:00 pm
- Westmount Rec Unit, 306 Avenue L North - Saturdays and Sundays 10:30 am - 4:00 pm
Learn to Skate Locations*
- North Park, 1416 7th Avenue North - Saturdays 10:30 am - 1:00 pm
- Hollistion, 1151 Louise Avenue - Saturdays 1:30 pm - 4:00 pm
- St. George School (Lawson Heights) - Sundays 10:30 am - 1:00 pm
- Greystone Heights, 2711 Main Street - Sundays 1:30 pm - 4:00 pm
*Participants in Learn to Skate must bring their own skates and CSA approved winter helmets.
Children under the age of 6 must be accompanied by an adult or responsible care giver.
Come prepared to play outside. Activities will be cancelled if the temperature reaches -25C or below with the windchill.
Canada 150 Community Infrastructure Program
On July 31, 2015, The Government of Canada announced the City of Saskatoon will receive funding for 50% of the eligible costs to upgrade play structures (up to a maximum of $500,000) throughout the City. The City of Saskatoon has matched the contribution for a total project cost of $1 million. The project must be completed by March 31, 2018.
Play structures will be replaced in the following parks:
- W.J.L. Harvey Park (Silverwood Heights neighbourhood)
- James Anderson Park (Eastview neighbourhood)
- Westmount Park (2 play structures) (Westmount neighbourhood)
- Albert Park (2 play structures) (connected to both Varsity View and Nutana neighbourhoods)
- Victoria Park (Riversdale neighbourhood)
- Henry Kelsey Park (Hudson Bay Park neighbourhood)
This project is funded in part by the Government of Canada.
Summer Play Programs
The City of Saskatoon operates 45 weekday and 16 weekend Play Programs at various playground locations throughout Saskatoon in July and August.
Play Program leaders plan and supervise activities for children ages 2 to 12 years, while the adjoining Paddling Pools and Spray Pads offer kid-sized opportunity to cool off and beat the heat. Drop in for free waterplay, sports, crafts, games, music and much more!
Play Program Hours of Operation
Dates of operation: July 3 - August 25*
- Monday - Thursday: 10:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. (closed August 7)**
- Friday: 12:00 - 4:30 p.m.*
- Saturday & Sunday: 12:00 - 5:00 p.m. (open August 7)
**last day of operation program will end at 4:00 p.m.
Fill and drain times vary per paddling pool, check with staff on site to confirm available water times.
To maintain water quality pool chemicals will be tested regularly. During chemical additions participants will play outside the fenced area with a leader.
Play Program Locations and Dates
*Sites will run either July 3 - August 24 or July 4 - August 25. Refer to the interactive mapping application for more information on Play Program locations, dates and hours of operation.
Preschool-Aged Children Policy: Children under the age of 6 must be supervised by an adult or responsible youth at all times during Play Program hours. To help preschool age children stay safe in and around the water, the City requires that all participants comply with the following policy:
"For every 2 preschoolers under the age of 6, there must be one adult or responsible youth (12 years or older) within arm's length, supervising the preschoolers' water play and activity."