We Witch You a Health Halloween!
The City of Saskatoon recognizes the importance of a healthy lifestyle, and as such, is pleased to offer a Halloween bonus swim at Leisure Centres on October 31.
Please see below for a list of Halloween bonus swim times:
- Shaw Centre: 8:00 PM - 10:00 PM
- Lawson Civic Centre: 1:00 PM - 7:00 PM
- Lakewood Civic Centre: 4:30 PM - 8:00 PM
- Harry Barry Aquatic Centre: 7:30 PM - 9:30 PM
Coupons may be printed or presented on your phone. To download your coupon, click here.
The most popular activities to do at the Leisure Centres and outdoor pools are swimming, having fun in the water and taking lessons. Here are a few of the common questions that are asked about swimming pools, public swimming and aquatic programs:
Where can I swim?
|Harry Bailey Aquatic Centre||
|Lakewood Civic Centre||
|Lawson Civic Centre||
|Outdoor Pools (Summer)||
|Paddling Pools (Summer)||
What does it cost to swim?
To swim, you can drop in and pay the general admission price, use bulk tickets or a LeisureCard.
What are the types of public swims?
- Public Swim - Open swimming time for everyone (without school groups in attendance).
- Lane Swim - Self-directed swimming workout for fitness.
- Family Swim - Time to enjoy the pool with families only.
- Parent & Tot Swim - Pool time restricted to parents with children under 6.
Where can I find the public swim (drop-in) schedules?
View the latest public swim schedules and drop-in aquatic programs, such as Aqua Motion and Aqua Boxercise, on your desktop or mobile phone with Drop-in Online.
- narrow your search by swim type/aquatic program at the facility of your choice
- look for additional special holiday swim hours at Leisure Centres throughout the year
How do I find and register for swimming lessons?
All indoor and outdoor pools offer registered Red Cross Swim lessons for all ages and skill levels. Stroke improvement and private swim lessons are available at select pools. These programs require pre-registration and payment of a class fee.
Swimming lesson sets begin at the start of Spring (April), Summer (July), Fall (September) and Winter (January) and generally run for 4-10 weeks depending on the structure of the class.
Leisure Online allows you to view and register for swimming lessons at your convenience 24/7. Read the latest edition of the Leisure Guide to learn more about the many swimming lesson opportunities available for you and your family.
How do I become a lifeguard at the pools?
Dive into a new career! Learn more on how to become a lifeguard for the indoor and outdoor pools operated by the City of Saskatoon. Lifeguards receive competitive pay and a flexible work schedule in addition to a number of other unique perks.
Can I rent a pool?
Yes you can! Pools are available for private, school, corporate and sport group rentals.
How is the water treated?
Providing swimming pool water that is safe and comfortable is important to the City. To maintain water quality as comfortable as possible for patrons and to render harmless any bacteria and viruses may enter the pool, a combination of chlorine and UV (ultraviolet light) exposure is used at City-operated swimming pools.
Other important tips to know...
- The best life preserver for your child is YOU! To help children stay safe in and around the water, the City requires that all participants comply with the following policy: “For every two children under the age of six, there must be one adult or responsible youth (16 years or older) within arm’s length, supervising the children's water play and activity.”
- Infants and toddlers participating in water play must wear an appropriate swim diaper.