Contact Us on Social Media
Connect with our civic services on social media. Stay informed with 24-7 updates on power and/or water outages, road closures and/or restrictions, and alerts about facilities all available on our website saskatoon.ca/servicealerts OR on Twitter @YXEServiceAlert.
What you can expect from us
- We will provide the latest City news, updates on major projects, important notices about Transit, closed caption videos on our YouTube channel and more.
- We will monitor social media sites Monday to Friday, 8am - 5pm with the exception of statutory holidays.
- Courteous and informative responses to your questions and inquiries.
How you can help us
- Ask us questions, and engage with us in respectful dialogue.
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for the latest news and automatic updates.
RSS is completely free, which makes it all the more attractive to use. All you need is an internet connection and a program called an aggregator. Also known as a feed reader, the aggregator runs as a background application and checks for new content in what is called a feed. The feed is essentially a specially formatted file that typically contains brief snippets of content posted on the site that hosts it (although some will offer content in its entirety over these feeds). When the aggregator sees a new piece of content in that RSS feed, it will alert you to the change.
These aggregators can be either web or desktop-based . There are also a number of programs and add-ons that provide RSS functionality to email clients and browsers. Once you’ve installed a feed reader, you can get started.