Home Flood Protection Program
Home Flood Protection Assessment
The City is offering up to 400 Home Flood Protection Assessments to owners and residents of fully-detached, semi- detached, and townhomes from April-September 2018 for a subsidized fee of $125. Free assessments are available for homes within the top 30 high-risk flood areas. Register now or learn more.
The Home Flood Protection Program is developed by the Intact Centre on Climate Adaptation at the University of Waterloo, is delivered locally by AET Group, and receives support from the City of Saskatoon, SGI CANADA and Intact Financial Corporation. Saskatoon is the first city outside of southern Ontario to pilot the program, and the lessons learned will inform a national roll-out.
What you can expect from us
- Free web resources available to all Saskatoon residents including:
- The Home Flood Protection Program is providing 100 free assessments (Value: $450) from April-September 2018 to Saskatoon residents in 30 areas with higher flood risk. Additional assessments are available to all Saskatoon residents for a subsidized fee of $125.
- A 60 to 90-minute Home Flood Protection Assessment will be delivered by a trained assessor and includes:
- 50-point visual inspection of flood risks inside and outside of your home
- Customized confidential report that identifies top actions you can take to reduce your risk of flooding
- Optional follow-up phone call with your assessor to discuss the report
- Optional seasonal maintenance email reminders
- A doorhanger will be delivered to homes in areas with higher flood risk that are eligible for a fully subsidized assessment (April 2018)
What you can do
- Register now for your home assessment or speak to a customer service representative at 1-877-876-9235 or e-mail.
- Watch the Home Flood Protection Assessment video to learn more.
- Contact your insurance provider about your overland flood insurance premiums. Residents who complete the assessment and implement specific recommendations may be eligible for a discount.