Connect or Disconnect Service
City warning public: utility services phone scammer threatens to disconnect power
A Public Service Announcement was issued Friday, September 27, 2019 warning residents about a new telephone scam. Full details here.
Open or close your account
To open or close an account for electrical or water service, please apply at least two business days before the connection or disconnection date. There are several ways you can apply to open or close your account:
- Online: Visit ExpressAddress to connect or disconnect your electric and water utilities.
- By phone: Call Customer Service at (306) 975 2400 or 1 800 667 9944, Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm.
- In person: Visit Customer Service, Main Floor City Hall, 222 3rd Avenue North, Monday to Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
To establish yourself as a new account holder, we require the following information:
- your name and the names of all adults (18-years of age and older) living at the address, and their birth dates
- two pieces of ID for each adult (Saskatchewan Driver’s Licence, Saskatchewan Health Card Number, or Other valid government-issued ID)
- service address for the connection
- date of possession or start date of lease agreement
- mailing address (if different than the service address)
- source of income for each person on the account
- phone numbers (home, work and cell) for each account name
- alternate/emergency contact person for the account and their phone number
If you are moving out and need to close an account, we require the following information:
- name(s) of the account holder
- service address
- mailing address for the final bill
- service end date (normally the possession date or the end date of a lease agreement)
There is a $25 connection fee for each electrical service and a $30 connection fee for each water service. There are no fees to disconnect services.
Deposits and fees
Customers who have not maintained a satisfactory payment record may be required to pay a deposit. A deposit may be charged at time of application or at any other time while services are connected.
Deposits are based on an average two-month bill at the service address. Deposits are held for a minimum of two years and are refunded to your account if you have maintained a satisfactory payment record during that time. If you close your account before your deposit is refunded, the deposit will be applied to any outstanding balance on your account. If a credit balance remains on your account after final billing, the balance will be refunded to you by cheque.