Would you like your students to learn how our electricity system can be safe, smart, and sustainable?
We offer tours of our Electrical Operations Centre to Grade 6 and 9 students. We are happy to host over 400 excited, energetic students each year through our school tour program.
In 2014, a new Smart Metering Display was added as part of our school tours. The display features a three-dimensional (3D) interactive mural created by young artists through Saskatoon Community Youth Arts Programming (SCYAP). SCYAP offers visual and graphic arts training to youth at risk in the Saskatoon area at no cost. The new display was featured in the 2014 Annual Sustainable Electricity Report for the Canadian Electricity Association (CEA).
What will your students learn?
Students will learn what electricity is and how to be safe around it. They will learn about the environmental, social, and economic impacts of electricity use in Saskatchewan, and ways to reduce those impacts. They will also learn about career opportunities in the electricity industry.
322 Brand Road
- Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays
- 9:30 - 11:00 a.m. or 1:30 - 3:00 p.m.
How to Book Your Tour
Call 306-975-2414. Please have the following information available:
- Date and time you wish to visit us.
- Grade level of participants.
- Number of people in your group.
- Your contact name and phone number.
We look forward to seeing you!
- Where does our electricity come from?
- Greenhouse Gas Emissions and Climate Change
- What is Saskatoon Light & Power doing?
Hazard Hamlet Safety Demonstration
Powerline Technician Interactive Demo
- Overhead transformer maintenance
- Hot-stick demonstration (audience participation)
- Streetlight maintenance
Underground distribution and cable faults
Smart Metering Display (Interactive Mural)
- Where is energy used in your home?
- Generating your own power using solar panels
- Energy efficient lighting
- Smart meter demo and In-home Display
Electrician Interactive Demo
- Rubber goods testing
- Jacob’s Ladder
- Wiener Roast