You are here

Making a Bylaw Complaint

People deserve a clean, safe and healthy place to live, and bylaws help achieve this. Bylaws build better communities and better communities build happiness and success.

There are bylaws in Saskatoon to cover many different things.  There are bylaws on fire prevention, property maintenance, dangerous goods, zoning, business licensing, waste dumping, sidewalk clearing, noise, drainage, parking, snow clearing, street use and temporary signs . . . to name a few. Please use the form below to submit your bylaw concerns.

Noise Complaints

Please note that the Noise Bylaw (No. 8244) is enforced by the Saskatoon Police Service. This bylaw is enacted to protect, preserve and promote the safety, health, welfare, and peace and quiet of the citizens of the City of Saskatoon through the reduction and prevention of loud and excessive noise. If you find a noise to be unreasonable and/or disturbing, please call the Saskatoon Police Service directly at 306-975-8300 to file a noise complaint.

Please note all complaints received are maintained as confidential.  All complaints are investigated thoroughly and we will contact you if further information or clarification is required.  Due to privacy considerations updates on the status of a file are not provided to the complainant.

 What you can expect from us

  1. The complaint will be thoroughly investigated to assess if a bylaw has indeed been broken.
  2.  If a bylaw has been broken, we will work with the offender to try and correct the situation. If necessary, tickets or further orders may be issued. Some bylaw complaints can take up to a year to fully assess due to legal processes. 

 How you can help us

  1. If comfortable, we would encourage you to talk to your neighbour about your complaint.
  2. Submit your complaint online - including as much detail as possible.
  3. Be available and willing to help if an inspector requires more information from you.

Please visit our City Bylaws page to view all of the bylaws.


City Bylaws


Online Form: Making a Bylaw Complaint

Your Information



Please complete the Report Graffiti  form for this request.


Please provide us with the location of the property of concern, or if the nature of the complaint is not site specific, please provide a description of the location including addresses of nearby locations:

Files must be less than 2.00 MB
Allowed file types: gif, jpg, png

The personal information required in this form is collected under the authority of Section 24 of The Local Authority Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.  Any personal information collected by the City will be managed in accordance with the City's Privacy Statement.