Street Sweeping - Fall
City crews sweep up leaves collected along the curb to reduce drainage problems for spring melt. In mid-October, yellow No Parking signs are posted on scheduled streets within neighbourhoods with high-tree density.
Use the <<arrows>> to scroll through the neighbourhood maps (10). Only the leafiest streets shown in orange, blue or green are scheduled for sweeping:
Sweeping Schedule (List)
Select streets will be posted for sweeping in the following areas. See map images above.
- Buena Vista - October 16 (Avenues) and October 24 (Streets)
- Caswell Hill - October 18 (Avenues) and October 22 (Streets
- City Park - October 17 (Streets), October 21 (Odd Avenues) and October 24 (Even Avenues)
- Exhibition - October 16 (Avenues) and October 20 (Streets)
- Holiday Park - October 15 (Streets) and October 20 (Avenues)
- King George - October 21 (Avenues) and October 23 (11th St & Spadina Cres)
- Mayfair - October 20 (Avenues only)
- Nutana - October 15 (Streets East), October 17 (Streets West) and October 19 (Avenues)
- Riversdale - October 19 (Spadina Cres) and October 22 (Avenues)
- Varsity View - October 18 (Streets) and October 23 (Avenues & Streets)
What you can expect from us
- Street sweeping along the curb to collect as many fallen leaves as possible, to reduce drainage issues in the spring.
- Scheduled streets posted with yellow No Parking signs between 7 a.m. and 3 p.m.
- Check Street Sweeping Service Alerts if there is a change to the sweeping schedule.
How you can help us
- Find your street above and plan alternative parking for your vehicles on sweep day.
- Watch for yellow No Parking signs beginning October 12 and remove your vehicle by 7 a.m. on the posted sweeping day to avoid a ticket and/or relocation to a nearby street. Check Find My Vehicle! if your vehicle has moved.
- Stay clear of sweeping equipment and call our 24-hour customer care centre if you have any questions at 306-975-2476.
- Report people who illegally push leaves onto the street to the Bylaw Inspector at 306-975-3193. City Bylaw Inspectors will investigate and violators may receive a fine. Applicable City Bylaws are: Bylaw No. 7200 The Traffic Bylaw, Bylaw No. 5713 Waste and Dumping, Bylaw No. 8310 The Waste Bylaw.
- Learn more about how you can manage your fallen leaves at saskatoon.ca/leaves.